Week Three

This week I am continuing to work on my spreadsheet. Last week I finished adding all of the FDLP suggested materials into my spreadsheet. I was pretty happy to get that project done. Copying titles and SUDOC numbers all day long can get a bit boring. Unfortunately, this week's work can be just as tedious. Right now I am checking the ANNA catalog at the Cook Library to see what items we have and do not have from the FDLP suggested list. This step takes a bit more detective work. I have to type in the SUDOC numbers into ANNA to see if the materials are available and, if they are, describe the format. This process goes a bit more slowly than last week when I was just copying items into an Excel field. I am certainly learning more about finding materials in ANNA so that will help me become a more productive librarian in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment