Week Four

This week has been a good deal like last week. I am mostly searching the ANNA catalog in order to see if the collection contains the documents listed in the "Suggested Core Collections" from the FDLP. This process takes a good bit of time. I conduct the search by placing the call number into the appropriate field and then pressing 'search.' This may not sound too difficult, but after I find out if the document is in the collection, I have to check to see what type of format is available. Other than this, I have looked at some correspondence between the former Government Documents Librarian and the people at MARCHIVE. MARCHIVE is a company that catalogs our government documents, and some other materials for the library. I hope to be able to conduct some sort of narrative once all of the data has been collected, but I'm just getting started on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment